Sunday, September 28, 2014

Week 6: Famous Last Words

Wow- so the week has drawn to an end and so much has happened in such a short amount of time.  Last weekend, I was home.  That Sunday, I completed the Buffalo Wild Wings challenge and my boyfriend became my fiancé (HE PROPOSED)!!! It was so romantic and sweet.  The whole week I’ve been on Cloud 9 and have had trouble focusing on schoolwork as a result.  I really want to plan my wedding and do all sorts of fun wedding stuff, but I also have been trying to get myself to still focus and be a good student and RA as well.  I got to hang out/grab dinner with several friends this week which was really nice- I was planning to hang out with them this past week anyways, but then I got engaged and we had that much more things to talk about.  The week has flown by and unfortunately schoolwork has caught up to me.  I have 2 exams tomorrow and exams the weeks following this one.  I’m also an alcohol peer educator so I’ve been busy giving sessions for that to freshmen and transfer students as well.  My Pinterest board has gotten larger this week as I tack on “wedding” pins.  I also am very scatter-brained and excited as you can probably tell.  This coming week I am looking forward to having another event for my floor (we’re doing a mixer with the guys) and catching up further on schoolwork.  I can’t believe September is already over- I’m in disbelief as I look through my planner and school is full-swing and I just can’t get over that.  I’m so excited but also sad since it’s my last year at the University of Oklahoma.  I’m definitely doing all I can to make this year count.  Have a great week guys!
This cutie was waiting for me when I went home last weekend 
(personal photo, March 2014)

4 comments:

  1. WOW. Congratulations on your proposal. That is big time! I can imagine planning a wedding would be more fun than doing school work, so I commend you for your desire to do both. Also, almost as cool - you did the buffalo wild wings challenge - something I will never, ever do. I'm really impressed, and it sounds like you had one of the best weekends of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taylor! Ahhh wow!! Congratulations on your proposal! Wedding planning would be so hectic, I could never do that while in college. I am sure you will have plenty of help though! I was going to advise you to use pinterest to search for easy wedding ideas but I see you’ve already got that going for ya! Good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Taylor!
    I realize this would like 2 weeks ago but CONGRATS on your proposal! That is SO exciting. You're going to have a lot coming up, but it'll sure be worth it!
    Also- Pinterest would be my go-to too. I'm addicted and i'm not even planning a wedding.

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Taylor!
    Congratulations on your proposal! That is so exciting!!
    What is the Buffalo Wild Wings Challenge?
    I can imagine how hard it would be to focus on schoolwork when you just got engaged. Who wants to focus on the boring, monotonous tasks of school when there's wedding things to look at?
    Also, do you like being an RA?
    I totally understand trying to make this year count; i'm a senior as well and am struggling with trying to juggle schoolwork, classes, my unpaid internship, lap band appointments, family, friends, and fun. I just want to have a good time this year and finish out strong.
    I love that picture! Your pup is adorable!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete