Sunday, September 14, 2014

Week 4: Famous Last Words

Wow, I can barely believe the weekend is almost over.  I have spent the majority of the weekend studying as I have several projects/exams all at once.  I had my molecular exam on Wednesday, I have microbiology exam on Monday, a formal lab report due that night, and a physiology exam on Tuesday.  Then, my capstone project is due the next week- whew.  At least once all of these things pass, I’ll get to take a breath and slow down for a little bit.  However, this huge series of exams has definitely shown me how I need to stay on top of things better.  However, on Friday evening I got to meet my mentor for Leadership Scholars which was very nice (and a break from studying).  She's an orthopedic PA and I want to be a PA so that's why we got paired together.  There was a big reception with appetizers and drinks, and it was neat to see so many well-accomplished people who attended OU (even some who hadn't) who all want to give back and mentor us.  I remember last year at this time, we had a formal dinner and I sat next to a judge and his wife, and he told me about some of the cases he had which were pretty interesting.  Anyways, I studied Saturday and watched the game as I studied (BOOMER SOONER)- you probably guess it.  Today, I went to Panera and now I'm back at my boyfriend's apartment and more studying.  I know, I'm boring, but just for this weekend.  Next weekend I get to go home, though, so I'm very excited for that!  I leave on Friday and one of the other RAs is going to watch over my floor in case something crazy happens so I don’t have to worry about that while I’m gone.  Also, while I’m there, not only will I get to see my family, but I will get to see my puppy and I'm so excited!

This is my puppy, Spartan (personal photo- March 2014)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Taylor, so I noticed you had a very busy and stressful week when you wrote this! I hope you got the downtime you were hoping for. I know what that is like to have a lot due at once and you can't seem to get any free time. All your class work really is horrifying to even read about just cause I know nothing about that field lol but it seems like you know what to study and you have an idea about how to manage this. Your reception thing is really cool I bet it's a real confidence booster when talking to people about where you are going and what they did as well. Here's to more downtime these last few weeks of the semester and to graduating!

    ReplyDelete