Friday, August 15, 2014

Week 1: My Favorite Places...close to home and far away!

My favorite places in the world are both very close to me and far away.  Both OU and Guatemala have special places in my heart.



The south side of Bizzell Memorial Library (entrance).
Image Location: Wikimedia
More Information (web source):  Wikipedia

OU is where I have made life-long friends, where I have learned a lot about life lessons, and it's where I call home.



Tourists visiting Antigua, Guatemala in 2005.
Image Location:  Wikipedia
Image Information (web source):  Wikipedia

Another one of my favorite places is Guatemala where I visited an orphange two years in a row in high school.  I haven't been able to go back since, but I think about the children there frequently.

2 comments:

  1. The pairing of those two photos looks GORGEOUS, Taylor - very nice! I like the way that they are in totally different parts of the world, but the composition of the image is such a perfect echo. And how cool that you have been to Gautemala! I have never been to that part of the world but... maybe someday! I don't think anybody else had had Gautemala in a post, but I'm starting to lose track. After everybody has done this assignment, I'm going to try to cycle back through them to make a jumbo list or map or something of all the cool places people have included!
    Happy Monday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is really awesome that one of your favorite places is OU! I agree with you that this school is a pretty amazing place. The picture you included of Guatemala is incredible. The colors are so vivid and beautiful. I think that is great that you got to go there in high school and I hope that one day you will get to go back there.

    ReplyDelete