Thursday, August 21, 2014

Week 1: Famous Last Words

          Looking back on this past week, so much has changed in such little time.  This time last week, I was checking in all the new freshmen as an RA but was also trying to study for my Biochemistry final.  I really enjoyed taking biochemistry (along a couple other classes) this summer and truly enjoyed the content and the class.  My professor was also very nice and genuinely enjoyed teaching.  Sure, it was a little stressful having both class and training (sun up to sun down), but I enjoyed both things so I was in no way miserable (my staff is incredible).  On Friday, I took my final, ended my time at my summer job, ran errands, baked an Oreo cheesecake (for my boyfriend's birthday), had desk duty, and went on rounds (they lasted until 5 am- whew).  I tell you, freshmen come up with crazy stuff to do every year- their creativity never ceases to surprise me.  Anyways, I held the duty phone until the next morning and anxiously drove around picking up items for a surprise party I was throwing later that night for my boyfriend.  When he arrived at noon, we got him moved into his apartment and then a couple of his friends and I surprised him with dinner and a trip to The OKC Escape (speaking of which, you MUST try this place out- it's amazing).  Then, when we returned to his apartment, all of his friends were there and it was an even bigger surprise! A couple of his friends are leaving Norman so it was nice for him to have an opportunity to see them before they left.  He was expecting a surprise so the dinner excursion was my means to make him think that was the surprise when in fact it was the surprise party afterwards.  On Sunday, I held my first floor meeting and took my residents to their class picture.  Monday and Tuesday were a bit overwhelming, but Tuesday my class schedule changed and I feel so much better now.  Previously, my schedule was going to be extremely difficult, and it stressed me out just to think about my classes.  Now, my classes will be difficult, definitely, but much more do-able.

Surprise hat for the surprise party


No comments:

Post a Comment